Saturday, August 11, 2012

Now Featuring Zoe

This week we are featuring a lovely biracial beauty. Zoe is my friend and we go back to 5th grade. I love her hair and I love her.  She is so beautiful and she also has two beautiful curly girls like myself.  Zoe is an Army wife and was an Army brat (she was not bratty, LOL).  Let's see her natural journey in her own words.  









Name and where are you from:
Zoe Angeline Robinson (Stevens) from Fort Leonard Wood, MO

When did you go natural?
 I went natural My Junior Year of High School 1997 and haven’t looked back

What prompted you to go natural?
I went natural because I was tired of spending money on hair products. I also moved out of my parent’s house and couldn’t afford to continue the hair regimen every three months for relaxer, deep conditioner, and breakage.

Did you big chop? Why or why not?
I did chop a lot of hair off but not until my last year of High School. I went from having long hair to the middle of my back to a couple of inches with blonde streaks. Then the blond grew out, had another big chop, and I stopped coloring my hair.

What is your regimen?
I mainly use Carol’s Daughter, Kinky Curly, and Miss Jessie conditioner. I tried Mixed Chicks but my hair is so thick I would go through a big bottle in two weeks. Shampoo really dries my hair so I have to use more products to get my hair conditioned and oiled again. I am thinking about switching to Wen, but I have to do more research on their ingredients because I am trying to stick with products that have no parabens and alcohol.

What is your favorite thing about being natural?
I can wet my hair and go…sometimes I even just fluff my hair in the morning with very little product. It is so much easier to take care of being natural. I don’t spend nearly the money that most women do in the salon and get compliments on my hair constantly. It is encouraging to see so many women of color going natural now, which encourages me to keep my beautiful, healthy, natural hair. I may even switch to locks soon…who knows!

Who is your celebrity hair crush?
Why, I love Marcia Ambrosius. Her hair when she first started out was beautiful, and now she changes her style for the event, but she still keeps it natural. I also love Goapele when she had her locks, and now that she doesn’t have the anymore she wears the most beautiful braids. Ledisi has the most beautiful locks on a singer alongside Rachelle Ferrell and Layla Hathaway.

Who is your regular hair crush?
I am my regular hair crush. I love my hair and the fact that after all these years I still get compliments on my natural beauty. I love going into DC where we now live and seeing all types of
natural hairstyles.

Zoe, thanks so much for sharing your natural journey with us. If you do begin to use Wen please do a video review for us.  I would love to know what you think of it, as I have thought once or twice of using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment