Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raincheck


In my experience as a couponer, when there is a really good deal, lots of other crazy couponers are not so respectful. They clear shelves not leaving anything for anyone else.  Because of this fact, one of the things I love most about CVS is that you can get rainchecks when an item is out of stock.  In addition, if the item that is out of stock is on promotion for Extra Care Bucks (ECB), you receive those  ECB's when you redeem your raincheck.

There was a CRAZY GOOD Scott tissue deal @ CVS the week of 8/12-8/18.  On 8/18, I drove to 3 different CVS stores, only to find out that all the stores in my area were COMPLETELY out of the Scott tissue.  So I got a raincheck and bid my time.   Well, today I was able to cash in my raincheck and here is a picture of my haul:





Here is today's shopping trip:
Transaction 1:
(5) Scott 18 roll Tissue, Regular Price $11.29, on sale $6.77 each (buy $30, get $10 ECB)
Total $33.85

Coupons I used:
(5) $1.25 off Scott Tissue
$11 ECB from last week trip
I paid $16.60 OOP and got back $11 ECB ($10 from the Scott deal and $1 from the green bag tag)

Transaction 2

(6) Gain dish washing detergent on sale $.99 each
(1) Dawn dish detergent $1.67
Total $7.61
Coupons I used:
$7 ECB from previous week
I paid $.61
Total for both transactions $17.21 OOP and got back $11 ECB so total is $6.21. Love it.  So that means I have 90 rolls of toilet paper at $.18 per roll or $3.32 per pack

***Remember to scan your green bag tag each day you go to CVS.

No comments:

Post a Comment