Friday, October 5, 2012

Now Featuring Devon

This week we are featuring Devon. She has a BEAUTIFUL HEAD OF HAIR.  She wanted to share her journey with us.

!!!!I DEFINITELY HAVE A NEW HAIR CRUSH!!!!

 I hope you enjoy!!!










Name and where are you from: 
Devon Warner

When did you go natural? 
I had my last relaxer February 2008 and transitioned from there.







What prompted you to go natural? 
I would only get relaxers twice a year, once in Spring and then in Fall. I started venturing into color that Fall 2008 with my stylist and at his suggestion I decided not to get another perm. Around the same time I found out I was pregnant and started researching 'natural hair' etc and found a wealth of information catering to my hair type.




Did you big chop? Why or why not? 
By the time I really found out what a big chop was which I believe was about late 2010 early 2011, most of my hair was post fully natural with the exception of a few permed ends which were trimmed off Feb 2011.





What is your regimen? 
Currently, I wash and deep treat once a week, co wash by mid week if I'm wearing wash and go's or want to change up a style. I'm a recovering product junkie, so I use something different almost every time I wash and style. Protein treat once a month or maybe more if I feel my strands need a little extra TLC. Apple cider vinegar rinses about once a month for clarifying and defining my curls. I love wearing wash and go's most but with the tangles and shedding I've been experiencing, I am going back to twists and twist outs.


How often do you trim and how? 
I haven't had a trim since April, so I'm probably due for one. I typically trim twice a year, since that's about as often as I see my stylist.




What is your favorite thing about being natural? 
I love the versatility and freedom. It's allowed me to accept myself as is and embrace my natural curl pattern.

Who is your celebrity hair crush? Why?
I'm in love with so many, lol, must I pick one? If I have to I would say Corinne Bailey Ray. Her mane is so lush, well maintained, and fluffy.



Who is your regular hair crush?
Elle aka DenimPixie from YouTube, her hair so thick & plush, loves it! Plus, products that she's recommended have worked wonders for my hair.

Contact me: 
Follow me on Instagram: diamondev27 
Website: justcurlz.com

Thanks so much Devon you are GORGEOUS.

If you would like to be featured on Crystal's Curls, please send an email to crystalscurls@gmail.com with 'nowfeaturin' in the subject line. Thanks.
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment