Sunday, January 6, 2013

In Review: Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair

Courtesy Target
I have been on the search for a really good deep conditioner to use along with my Huetiful steamer.  I was browsing Essence.com on January 1 and came across this:

So I decided I would give it a try. It is at Walgreen's for $7.99 for the 11.5 oz bottle.  There was a $1 off coupon attached to the bottle and you know I used it.


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Stearyl Dihydroxypropyldimonium Oligosaccharides, Lupine Amino Acids, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*, Ipomoea Batatas Root Lees Extract, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.
According to the package:
Blueberries are rich in anti-oxidants to keep hair looking healthy and shiny
Clover Flower has healing properties to mend damaged locks
Sunflower contains fatty acids to nourish and protect against breakage.

Product claims:

Reduce breakage for healthier looking hair
Restore fullness and shine
98% natural product.
I was beyond ecstatic that there are no sulfates or  silicones in this product.  #cgfriendly YAY!!!



*So here are my thoughts regarding this product.*

I used it yesterday 1/5/12 after washing with Mixed Chicks Sulfate Free Shampoo.  I detangled with Tresemme Naturals (as usual).


I applied this to my hair and OMG!!!!! I love the consistency.  As I applied it, my hair immediately feel moisturized.  This is not a THICK product it is more of a WET consistency.  It has slip. You could detangle with it if you wanted to.  If it were not $8 a bottle I would DEFINITELY use it as my detangler.   I parted the hair in 4 sections and applied the product to each section. I then combined both sections on the left and both sections on the right to make 2 big sections separated by a middle part and clipped them. SEE pic below.








 I then sat under the steamer
 I have added weekly steam treatments to my routine.  See my routine tab above





I then twisted my hair 
   
I DID NOT RINSE  THE PRODUCT OUT.  (it does say to rinse on the bottle, but I am a REBEL)

I loved how supple my twists were.  Here is a pic of my twists this morning:
  1/6/13

My final thoughts are this:
If you are looking for a good deep conditioner that is not expensive and is readily available is most markets and is all (98%) natural, this is a GREAT conditioner.  I am no longer on the hunt for a deep conditioner. 

DISCLAIMER:  This review consists of my thoughts on how MY hair responded to this product.  I was not paid for this review and I paid for this product myself.  

                




No comments:

Post a Comment