Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Shepherd's Pie… It's what's for dinner!!

This evening (7/29) I made shepherd's pie using the Velveeta kit.  (I know I should not be eating processed foods so don't come for me)



                   



I have been cray busy lately and I needed to cook something because we have been eating out a lot lately and it is starting to take a toll on me.

Here are my impressions:

  • The potatoes were creamy (I didn't have milk, so I used the half and half that I had in my fridge)
  • I didn't like the dehydrated veggies.
  • The Velveeta cheese was hard to spread over the meat mixture, so I had to add shredded cheese to the areas where the cheese spread didn't make it.


All in all it tasted good. I used group turkey instead of ground beef.  Next time I will just make shepherd's pie the regular way I've made it before, using real cheese, and frozen veggies instead of dehydrated ones in a box.  I am sure it will be even more tasty and healthy.  My household drinks 1% milk which would definitely have less calories than half and half.


No comments:

Post a Comment