Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Updated Skin Care Routine

I paid my dermatologist a visit last week for a scar on my chest. While there, I asked him to recommend a good facial cleanser.  I am extremely oily and I hadn't found anything that I felt was cleansing my skin without totally stripping it.  Also, I needed to find a moisturizer suited for oily skin AND contained SPF.  Recently, I have been using Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture with SPF 35 and I like it, but I wanted to use whatever the doctor told me to use and I wanted to use a cleanser and moisturizer that were formulated to work together.




He recommended Cetaphil.  I immediately told him I didn't like Cetaphil because I'd tried it and it didn't lather and I didn't feel like it cleaned my skin. (lather is so soothing isn't it?).  He told me there was a foaming cleanser specific  for oily skin.  He told me about Cetaphil DERMACONTROL Oil Control Foam Wash.  He gave me 2 sample bottles of the cleanser and they were nice size samples which I will be putting in my travel bag.  He also gave me a sample of the DERMACONTROL Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30, which is the corresponding moisturizer for that DERMACONTROL line.

Let me just say I am HOOKED.  The cleanser is a foam that is not too lathery, but it is a clean I can feel. No denying that my skin is clean after using it.  It does just what it says.  The cleanser partnered with the Mia is SOO what my skin was asking for.


So here are my steps:

Morning:

Use Clarisonic Mia with the Cetaphil Cleanser
Apply Moisturizer
Apply primer and makeup (if I wear makeup that day)

Night:

(IF I HAVE ON MAKEUP)
Remove Makeup with Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes (or any of the Simple facial wipes. I love them all)
Cleanse skin with Mia and Cetaphil Cleanser
Apply Witch Hazel to cotton and wipe face (for an extra thorough clean)
*If I don't have on makeup, I do all the above steps except use the Simple Wipes.


I don't use the witch hazel in the morning because I don't want my skin to be too dried out from the washing and cleansing and end up overproducing oil during the day and making me look like an oil slick.


Please click links to learn more about the products.  

I've had my Mia since early 2011 before it became the IT thing to have!!  I have always used it twice a day (when I wasn't being lazy about washing my face) and I have loved it since first use.  



What are some of your tried and true products? Let me know!!!



1 comment: