Saturday, January 26, 2013

Now Featuring LaChandra

This week we are featuring LaChandra. I met her at the Kinky Twistmas event that I attended in Dallas in December. She is simply stunning and her hair is GORGEOUS.  She shares her journey with all of us below. 
Enjoy!!!










Name and where are you from? 
My name is LaChandra & I'm from a small hole-in-the-wall town in Texas!
Currently I live in Dallas. 

When did you go natural? 
12.5 yrs ago. I was 17 yrs old. 


image.jpeg

What prompted you to go natural? 
I was a teenager & was just tired of relaxing. When I did try to wear it curly, it was hideous with frizzy waves & stick straight ends. So I just cut it on a whim!
 

Did you big chop? Why or why not? 
I did a semi BC...cutting my hair to about neck length straight & then I transitioned the rest. Currently I haven't had a cut/trim since Aug 2007. My hair is tailbone length. 

image.jpeg

What is your regimen? 
Finger detangle, DC & wash once a week then twist/braid or WnG. ACV rinse monthly. -- I'm pretty low maintenance :)



image.jpeg


Favorite products? 
I'm in the midst of trying sooo many new products right now but ones I use regularly are Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and/or Curl & Style Milk, organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil 

image.jpeg

What is your favorite thing about being natural? 
Community. Building relationships with other naturals, sharing info, meeting up, bonding. I love that! I've met so many amazing people. 

image.jpeg

Who is your celebrity hair crush? Why? 
Honestly, I can't think of a celebrity who's hair wows me...guess they need to step it up, lol. 

Who is your regular hair crush? 
Definitely Nicole Barringer (@IvyCharlaine) and Chime Edwards (@chimeedwards)! Nicole's curls are perfectly coiled, shiny & just gorgeous! Chime's hair is everything! I love the versatility she has & all of the amazing styles she does. These ladies have completely opposite textures but I love both and would trade with them in an instant!


image.jpeg

Where can we find you on social media? 
Instagram: @lachandra
YouTube: SimplyLaChandra
Tumblr: polishedandcurled

image.jpeg

If you feel like adding anything else, please do. 
I love interacting with people via social media so hit me up! The natural community inspires me on a daily basis so let's keep the communication flowing!

2 comments: