Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Detangling My Girls Hair

1/27/13: Prior to today, I have never detangled my girls hair BEFORE shampooing. I have always made detangling a part of the conditioning process. I wash, rinse, repeat, apply conditioner, detangle and then apply leave in.  

However, over the past two weeks, Carrington has worn box braids and cornrows 
IMG_20130109_081725.jpg     IMG_20130109_081712.jpg



and Martina has worn two strand twists    
IMG_20130112_131803.jpg      IMG_20130107_202746.jpg

 As many of you are aware, when you take braids or twists out of your hair it is a monstrous feat to try to detangle your hair. I didn't want to spend tons of time at the sink trying to detangle.  So, I did the next best thing.  

As you all know from my video of the In Review: As I Am Coconut CoWash & Double Buttercream, I am crazy about Jenell from Kinky Curly Coily Me. While watching her videos awhile back I saw this video below:





So after I removed the rest of Carrington's braids this morning, (which was a two day process), her hair was a matted mess. She has really fine hair that tangles TOO easily.

Using that cocktail resulted in her BEAUTIFUL curls being detangled and brought back to life.

The last section of Carri's hair detangled. YAY!!!




As you can see, I used a large spray bottle and added Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner to the water and some of Daily Curlz Oil Blend.

If you have issues with detangling, this cocktail may very well work for you. Thanks so much Jenell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment