Monday, April 8, 2013

Now Featuring LaQuashja




This week we are featuring LaQuashja. I haven't done a feature in a while and I am so happy to be doing one again.  Her hair is gorgeous and she just chopped AGAIN.  All that hair GONE!!!! Check out her story below!! Enjoy.




Name and where are you from: 
LaQuashja Lowden, from Queens, NY, but currently residing in Harrisburg, PA.

When Did you go Natural?
I went natural August of 2005, slowly transitioning. 

What prompted you to go natural?
For a long time, I didn't embrace or appreciate my natural curl, but I got tired of relaxing it. My hair was breaking off, and it was very limp and unhealthy. I decided to speed up the process with a big chop in May of 2006. I actually just big chopped again in January of this year, just because I wanted a change.


What is your regimen?
I've used many products over the years, so I don't have one particular regimen. For the past few months, I've been using Olive Oil shampoo and conditioner. I shampoo my scalp once every 2 weeks, and I cowash once a week. I use Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner after each cowash, and I finish with Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer. Now that my hair is short, the process is quick and easy!


What is your favorite thing about being natural?
My favorite thing about being natural is the fact that I feel so free! I'm not tied down to getting my hair done every week. I can wash and go in less than 30 minutes. Plus, people love to touch my hair, and I get more compliments on my natural hair than I ever did with relaxed hair.


Who is your celebrity hair crush?
My celebrity hair crush has to be Solange. She's one of the few natural celebrities who showed us that having hair didn't define her, and her hair is always so gorgeous!

Who is your regular hair crush?
I don't necessarily have a regular hair crush; I just love to see any person who can have natural hair, and rock it to the fullest.

Where can you be found on social media?
I can be found on Facebook by my name, LaQuashja Lowden, Instagram as quayjl, and Twitter as MrsJLLuv

LaQuashja, you are so beautiful and so is your hair. Thanks for letting me feature you!!!  


If you would like to be featured on CCQ send an email to crystalscurls@gmail.com answering the above questions. 
(the more detail the better) 
Don't forget the pics. 


Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment