Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Couponing at OfficeMax


On 10/14, I went to Office Max and bought ink for my printer.  
The below picture is the ink I bought.  
The price for this ink was $45.99 plus tax



I paid absolutely nothing for it.  

Here is how:

I joined Max Perks!!!

For more information on MaxPerks, click here.  

Basically, you earn points when you purchase items and you receive a $25 reward certificate for every $500 you spend (similar to rewards programs at Best Buy and other retailers) 

In addition, there are also Bonus Rewards when you purchase certain items.

For example, in July I purchased backpacks for my girls and they were around $35 each and I got back $34.99 in bonus rewards. So,I pretty much got free backpacks.  I paid $70 and got $69.99 back to use at a later date.  

Today, I used some of those rewards to purchase this ink.  

There is also a program at OfficeMax where you receive $2 rewards for every ink cartridge you recycle. So when I go to OfficeMax I bring in my old ink cartridges.  I work from home all the time and I am always going through ink from my work inkjet printer.  I take those cartridges in and earn rewards to buy the things I always need (usually more ink for my personal printer, since my job furnishes me the ink for my work printer)

I LOVE saving money.   If you shop for lots of office supplies, this program is the program for you.  

Here is great video on the maxpers program by Heather of Passion for savings.


I shop at Office Max because it is the closest office supply store to my house!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment