Saturday, November 3, 2012

A decade of hard work

November is a very special month for me.  My husband and I began dating 10 years ago this week.  Yes, I said 10 years.  10 years loving the same man.  

We have been married 8 1/2 years.

Oh, how I love him.

Let me be the first to tell you that it has been 10 years of hard work. The hardest work of my life even though I served in Iraq.  Harder than the work I did as former law enforcement.  Harder than the labor I endured giving birth to my three daughters.  It has been 10 years of love, laughing, crying, and screaming.  

But it is worth it.  True, I couldn't even talk to him during football season (GO STEELERS) so I started watching with him.  And forget when basketball is on (he worships the Lakers). No dice.  But at the end of the day, he is MY husband.  The father of our three daughters.  The one that chose me above all others, who endures my attitudes (and they can be quite nasty) and still makes me laugh.  I don't give him enough credit.  

So this post is for him!!!
Thank you, Papi for everything.  For our children, for being there for the me and the girls and always coming through when I least expect it.  Thank you for the thing you did for me this past month that has changed me so much. (You know what I am talking about.)


Let's go for 10 more.  :)


So today I say Happy 10 year anniversary to my Papi.  I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment