Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Skin Care

I am 33 years old and I still deal with acne.  It is the bane of my existence.  I inherited this from my mother.  My father died when I was 12 so I can't remember if he had bad skin, but from pictures that I have there does not appear to be any skin issues for him. I inherited alot from him and his side of the family; my skin color, my hair, my drive.  But the things I hate the most (or have the most dislike about) I inherited from my mom; my gap (thank God for braces) my nose (thank God for plastic surgeons) cankles (can't do nothing about those and I can't wear strappy sandals) and the focus of this post, my acne (tried everything).

In 2011, I was reading an article in a magazine (probably Weight Watchers, or Women's Health) and ran across the Clarisonic Mia. When I read about all the things that were claimed about the brush, I was more than a bit skeptical. I was skeptical because I have tried ls of things for my skin to include Retin-A, Proactive Solution, and other prescription medicines for my acne. I was even on the verge of asking my dermatologist to prescribe me Accutane, which is the strongest acne medicine available.  I was leary of trying that because it is linked to depression and some suicides.  I didn't want to be the one who would become all depressed in the name of being vain.


Another deterrent to me getting the brush was the price.  However, being the savvy shopper I am, I found a great deal on skinstore.com and saved 20% and received free shipping. Needless to say, I have been in love.  I have also found the thing that works for me in addition to my Mia.


I am talking about the Murad Acne Complex system. You can find it at Ulta, Sephora, skinstore.com and other retailers.  I learned about Murad while stationed in Germany in 2002. A male soldier in my unit who lived across the hall from me told me about when I noticed how his skin had cleared up.  (his skin was way worse than mine had ever been.) 

I have used this system before and then tried other things but I always come back to this because it has worked so well for me.  I love how well it works (the cleanser) in conjunction with my Mia.  After washing I use the Clarifying Toner and then apply the Acne Treatment Gel.  I LOVE THIS STUFF.  Even my 7 year old told me the other day, "Mommy your spots are going away. No offense, but you are so pretty."  She didn't have any idea how much that meant to me.  

I am really oily and this stuff helps to regulate my oil. There is a product by Murad called Oil Control Mattifier that claims to control oil for 8 hours. I will be trying that and giving a review of it soon.  

If any of you are tired of dealing with acne, give Murad a try.  

Until next time,
Be Blessed!!!


*The products in this review were purchased by me and I was NOT remunerated for this review in any form whatsoever.*

1 comment:

  1. I'm 30 years old and still suffer from acne. I got tired of using so many different things and nothing working. I have been thinking about purchasing Murad for over a year now. I think I just might get it now!

    ReplyDelete