Sunday, December 1, 2013

In Review: LeKair Cholesterol Plus

Hey Bellas!  I know it has been a long while since I have posted. I am on a mission to post daily for this month.  My birthday is this month and  it is a birthday goal of mine to do this for a month in addition to everything else I need to do. 


So let's get right to it shall we?
Before I returned natural, cholesterol was a STAPLE of mine.  I also used cholesterol in my early days of naturalness.  However, when I started the Curl Girl method in July 2012, I made a point of avoiding sulfates and silicones.  During my journey I have tried to find a fantastic deep conditioner for me that gave me the results I love.  Somewhere along the way I decided I wanted to give cholesterol another shot.  I kept seeing different brands and as I checked product labels, sure enough, there was a 'cone' in the list somewhere.  

Rewind to a few weeks ago.  I was in Walmart in the 'ethnic' section and I found the above cholesterol by LeKair.  I checked the label and there were NO cones!! I about fainted.  (bringing the country jargon to you this fine Sunday morn). It has been repackaged and is quite cute!!!



Here is the old packaging
photo courtesy Amazon

I used it and it brought back memories.  I won't make this post too long.  Needless to say this is back in my regimen along with my steamer.  (about the steamer,  I am looking for a larger one like the ones in the salon. I will update you when I get it) 


According to the website the product is  "A unique blend of natural ingredients, including cholesterol, jojoba oil, aloe and collagen, this smooth and silky hair cream strengthens, deep conditions and moisturizes damaged hair, split ends, and dry, brittle and chemically processed hair."

Ingredients:
Deionized water, cetearyl alcohol & PEG-40 Castor Oil & Steralkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #4, Aloe Barbadensis, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D)

Note:
Cetearyl & Cetyl alcohol smooths, softens, moisturizes, adds texture and aids in managibility.  Read More here and here.  

If you are not a fan of parabens and mineral oil this product is NOT for you.  

I don't mind them. I like the fact that this product contains aloe, jojoba oil, castor oil and vitamins A & E. (hey focus on the good, right?)

Where to buy:
The 20 oz. jars are available at select Walmarts (I had to travel into San Antonio in the 'Black' section of town as there are limited products in the Walmart where I live) and of course at Amazon.  Also check your local BSS. (beauty supply store for those that aren't familiar with the natural acronyms)


If you use this let me know. If you've tried it let me know how you like it. Take care lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment