Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Favorite Conditioners

As any natural woman (or man or child for that matter) knows, the main ingredient in our vast array of routines is conditioner.  There are so many available on the market and it can be hard to choose.  Well, this post will give you some info of some of my favorites. Many are cult favorites that you may have heard of or even used before. Others are new to the market and I fell in love with them instantly.






Deep Conditioners:


  • This conditioner is FABULOUS!!!!  I order it online because I can't find it near me (which is a con) but this conditioner is worth the wait.  This is my go to when I have it around. It is very aromatic. It smells like chocolate to me.  It is all natural and very moisturizing to the hair. My hair feels like silk when I use it.  Available at select Target.


Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair

  • OMG!!!!! I love this stuff. I discovered this on Essence.com when essence.com listed this as one of the top 10 conditioners.  I even wrote a post about it here highlighting how superb my hair felt after using. I buy this in multiples. It is available at Walgreen's which I love.  It is about $8 per bottle which is also great. It has TONS AND TONS of slip. It smells great as well, too!!  


Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque

  • This is a new classic (for me). This line was just launched recently by Shea Moisture and is supposed to be exclusively available at Target.  Supposedly this line is for straightening your hair, but I only straighten once a year and I used this masque several times on my curly hair.  It is $9.99 and available at Target and Target.com which is awesome. I loved the way it felt when applying. It was more slippery than the Restorative Masque.  My hair was super soft after using this, too. I have to hide it because my husband has fallen in love with Shea Moisture products. 


Leave In Conditioners:

Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Leave In

  • This conditioner is fairly new but I love it nonetheless. I pretty much love all the products in the Design Essentials Naturals line. The line works great for all the curly hair in my home, from my hubby to our girls. The conditioner has slip, it smells great and I can detangle with it. I picked mine up at Sally's and I love to use it in conjunction with other DS Natural Products, but it can be used with other lines as well.

Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In
  • This conditioner makes me want to slap my momma. LOL.  That SMELL!!!! HEAVENLY!!! The consistency is great. My hair is super moisturized when I used this. I use this with all sorts of other products and it plays well with others. It can be purchased at Target, target.com and at http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com

Kinky-Curly Knot Today

  • Kinky-Curly Knot Today  leave-in can use it for conditioning and detangling.  This condition does not contain parabens, added preservatives sodium lauryl sulfate, silicones or alcohol. It comes in an 8oz botlle and it approximately $12. This product has crazy slip and it has been in my top 3 since I went natural in 2009. Because of the cost I save this and use it when I am doing a wash and go and using the Kinky-Curly Custard. When I use these two in conjunction I know I will have a CRAZY wash and go

Detangling Conditioners:

DevaCurl One Condition

  • This one is obviously the most expensive, but let me tell you I am in love with this one. (with the exception of the price). The smell is great. It is readily available at Ulta stores nationwide.  It is slippery and detangling is a breeze when I use this. I use this in conjunction with DevaCurl No Poo which is my FAVORITE co-wash.  As I write this I have this conditioner in my hair and it has been sitting in here all day.  I am using as a deep conditioner right now and plan to sit under the steamer. 




1 comment:

  1. Great post ! I have to try the yes to blueberries and the design essentials line. Have you heard of the alikay naturals honey & sage deep conditioner I absolute love it . That and the devacurl no poo are my favs.

    ReplyDelete