Sunday, September 2, 2012

Now Featuring Tekeithia

This week we are featuring Tekeithia.  She is a Major in the US Army.  She also happens to be one of my best friends and my college suitemate.  She is a mom of 2 and 3/4 (her new baby is coming next month)  she wanted to share her natural journey with you.  Enjoy!!










Name where are you from?
I am known as KeKe by those who know me. I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA

When did you go natural?
I began the natural process in SEPT 2009

What prompted you to go natural?
My natural journey was by chance and not specifically by choice...after leaving my life long hair stylist in Atlanta due to moving to WA state and not finding anyone to care for my hair I slowly transitioned from a texturizer to being natural

Did you big chop? Why or why not?
I did not do a big chop because I didn't want to get rid of my hair length due to the convenience of wearing a ponytail, however when my hair got to a manageable length I cut the texturized hair off

What is your regimen?
I really did not have a regimen until recently; I began the curly girl method and so far it is working well. I do not shampoo. I use Suave Humectant Conditioner and then I use coconut oil and grapeseed oil as my moisturizer.  I leave some of the Suave in my hair and apply the oil.  Every now and then I use gel (especially if I wear a ponytail)   When doing a wash and go I just let it air dry I do not use gel. ( I am not following the CG method all the way.)

What is your favorite thing about being natural?
I love being natural because of the low maintenance and versatility of hair styles

Who is your celebrity hair crush? 
I really do not have a celebrity or regular hair crush however I love to see black women embracing their natural beauty. If I see a style I'm inspired by I try to "rock it" as well!


Thanks KEKE for sharing with us. I love your hair.  



If YOU want to be featured on Crystal's Curls please email crystalscurls@gmail.com and answer the questions above. Please include 'now featuring' in the subject line.  


Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment