Friday, October 26, 2012

Now Featuring Trenell


    • This post has been in the making for a LOOONG time. Here we finally have Trenell.  Trenell is my good friend and she is the reason I am a couponer today. She put me on the path and for that I am FOREVER grateful.  Trenell is a teacher, wife  and a mom to 3 children.  She, as am I,  is an alumni of Southern University in Baton Rouge, La.(She is also a die hard SU fan)  She is motivated and dedicated to the young minds to which she in entrusted to shape and mold.  She is a cheer mom, a football and basketball mom.  Let her share her journey with you.

      Enjoy!!!! 


      Trenell with her BEEYOUTEEFUL Baby Girl Tay



      When did you go natural?
      I went natural in November 2010

      What prompted you to go natural?
       I wanted to go natural because I have always dreaded getting a relaxer and I didn't want to put my self through it anymore. I started noticing a lot of women wearing natural hair and it motivated me to do it.
      Her Protective Style



      Did you big chop? Why or why not?
      I did do the big chop because once I stopped relaxing my hair it became very damaged and started to break off. It was like my hair needed the chemicals to survive. I had no other choice but to cut off the relaxed hair. (I was not happy. I was very self conscious about having short hair)


      Right after her big chop


      What is your regimen? 
       I don't really have a regimen. I wash my hair twice a week. After I wash it with Cantu shampoo &  conditioner I comb through Kinky Curly Custard (section by section). I let it dry and  my curls usually last 3 days. In the  mornings I spray it with twisted sistah to kind of fluff the curls and I use Eco gel around my edges. I sleep in a silk bonnet.


      What is your favorite thing about being natural?
      My favorite thing about being natural is not having to sit though getting a relaxer and having my scalp burning and itching.


      Having Fun in the Mirror


      Who is your celebrity hair crush? Why
       I don't have a celebrity hair crush that I know of because most of them wear weave. 

      Who is your regular hair crush?
      My favorite hair crush would be Crystal Colón (Crystal from Crystal's Curls & Q's because her hair is long, thick, n curly. It looks really healthy. I can't wait to have my length back

      Thanks Trenell for sharing your journey with us.  Your length will be back in no time.
      Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I appreciate it so much.
      I love you girl, thanks for allowing me to feature you.


No comments:

Post a Comment